As your business grows, you may find that the standard features of your software no longer meet your needs. Customization can help you get the most out of your software and keep your business running smoothly.
When you first start out with Oraroo, it can be wise to take a stepwise approach and extend usage in time. As the platform becomes more and more popular internally, you may find that you need to make your Oraroo experience more and more automated and better aligned with all the details of your internal processes.
By the way it is designed, Oraroo allows you just that. Not only you can extend its data model to track additional information, it allows to customize document templates, processes or even the performance indicators you are able to monitor in Oraroo. Last but not the least, in close collaboration with Oraroo implementation team, you can integrate your other internal systems such as ERP, CRM or external time management or online travel agency platforms.
Other Employee Requests
In any organization, there are a variety of requests that come in from employees. These requests can be:
- HR-related, such as a change in their work schedule hours, changing their medical subscription plan, or requesting an employer document to deal with taxes,
- IT-related, such as access requests to a system in the company, asking to upgrade or repair a laptop or getting additional storage in the company cloud,
- Facilities-related, such as requesting office supplies or replacement of an access card
Whenever employees need to use different systems for such requests, this can create a lot of confusion regarding what to do where, and while some requests are more pressing than others, it's important to have a process in place to ensure that all requests are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
One way to do this is to create in Oraroo a workflow for handling all such general employee requests. This workflow can be customized to fit the needs of large organizations, but in standard it includes the following steps:
1. Issuing the request in Oraroo: The first step is simply allowing the employee to select the proper request from a catalogue of such standardized company internal services.
2. Approving the request: If the selected request type has configured to require approval, his immediate superior will receive such a task in Oraroo. He can therefore decide to accept or decline the request, with an option to consult with another colleague about it.
3. Fulfillment: The request will arrive in the Oraroo tasklist of the right owner in the organization, based on its type. He will perform the actual fulfillment actions and communicate the result to the initiator. If the request cannot be accomodated, the employee will also be informed.
4. At the end of the process, the Employee may accept the response or not. In this case, he may decide to re-issue the request, after providing additional details and/ or documents to clarify the situation.
By following these steps, you can create a smooth and efficient process for handling any kind of employee requests in Oraroo. This will help to keep your employees happy and productive, and will make your organization run more smoothly.
Any online business management system is defined based on a certain set of common practices and ways of working that are frequently encountered in real life.
This also defines the model used to manage data in the system, meaning the implemented business concepts as well as their attributes.
What to do when the Company has a need to extend the standard platform data model with its own specific attributes?
In Oraroo, account administrators can add their on Custom Fields, specifying the type of data and the entity where they apply. Once added, additional information can be tracked on the level of Employee, but also other entities such as Organization Unit, Customer, Project, etc.
Employee On-Boarding/ Off-Boarding/ Promotion Workflows
As your business grows, you'll need to set up a standardized process of adding new employees to your team. Onboarding new hires can be a time-consuming process, but setting up a streamlined workflow can help make things run more smoothly.
Setting up an efficient employee onboarding workflow assumes:
1. Defining the steps of your Onboarding process.
All the tasks that need to be completed when onboarding a new hire must be described, from sending out offer letters to scheduling training sessions. As such, you can ensure that nothing gets forgotten.
In Oraroo you can use Custom Employee Workflows to achieve this. You can use the Custom Workflow feature on the Employee record and detail the steps of your process, their dependencies and responsible staff.
Examples of such steps can be:
- a task to HR Administration to prepare employment contract or to schedule the employee for medical checkup
- a task to IT to prepare the employee laptop or set up email address and access to systems required by the employee to do his job
- a task to Facility Administration team, to provide an office access card to the employee
- additional tasks to managers to organize professional training to the new employee
Each step allows participants to track specific data on the employee record or add documents, and may be completed by a positive or a negative action, so the selection of the steps to follow will consider this decision as well.
2. Create templates for key documents.
Having templates for key documents, such as offer letters and employee agreements, can save you a lot of time when onboarding new hires. Simply fill in the relevant information for each new employee and send it off. In Oraroo you can generate documents based on customizable templates and all available data.
3. Set up a system for tracking progress.
It is very important to set up a system for tracking the progress of each new hire's onboarding. Oraroo makes it easy to monitor progress also for Custom defined Workflows. This will help you to stay on top of things and ensure that everything is on track.
4. Have similar workflows for Employee Exit or Promotions
It is important to have a quick employee onboarding process, but is equally important to make sure an employee exit is done in good order. Starting with aspects such as organizing exit interviews, the process may mirror the onboarding steps, by asking IT to collect the provided equipment or to cancel access to company systems and asking Administration to revoke physical access to offices.
Promotions can be equally complex, especially from the perspective of systems access, but also may involve additional training, documents prepared, etc.
By using Oraroo, you can set up efficient employee onboarding, off-boarding and promotion workflows that will save you time and help to ensure a smooth transition of your staff in their new roles.